Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wow! Who knew??!!

I reached out to a few more friends that I adore that I wanted to share my story with and the responses have been beyond overwhelming! Oh my God! I had no idea how loved I was =) I truly am so lucky and blessed to have such AMAZING women in my life. That is the great thing about my friends...we are all bonded by something...family is important to all of us. Maybe some of us want kids, maybe some of us don't...but we all relate in some way to the struggles of infertility. We know how hard it is to not have a family. I really am glad I shared....I really am! I was a bit nervous and scared about doing it. In fact, I avoided my e-mail for most of the day. I wasn't sure what to expect but the responses have been what I needed. I HAVE to share one e-mail from a friend (who I will keep anonymous). Her e-mail touched me so much....it really helped me to know that I have people in my life to support me. Here it is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dear friend,

I feel like I have so much to tell you and I just want to be with you right now and hug you very tight and give you all my love and support and positive energy, all from me to you.

I love you so much Monica; you are a sun, a flower, a beautiful angel sent from God directly to keep an eye on your close ones and I feel so very blessed every time I am with you because I feel loved.
You wrote in your blog that you were lucky to have friends around you; I'm sorry but it is the total opposite. WE are lucky to have YOU as our friend! And my God, have you ever asked yourself why you have so many friends you can count on? easy, it's because you show people and the world how to love and how to be the best friend anybody could wish for. You unconditionally love and that is a very hard quality to find nowdays...

I kept reading your posts and I started to cry (at work) because you simply do not deserve this struggle and it made me feel so powerless... I want to help so badly and yet, there is nothing I can really do but pray and to me that is not good enough because you deserve so much better from me, your friend, so it saddens me...

I'm not writing this to make you feel better or just to throw nice words to you, I'm writing this because that's what I deeply feel in my heart and I want you to know it. You always get to know what people truly feel in the hardest times, right?

I know that you and Hsien will make it happen and I know you two will ultimately be the happiest couple with a blessing baby.

Monica, if you ever need anything, talk, hang out, shop, spa, coffee, movie, anything, I hope you will feel comfortable enough to call me or email me. I will always be there for you...

Be strong and keep on smiling, beautiful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow...I am still crying over this. Do I have awesome friends or what??!!! Sometimes it's nice to hear things like this from people because you never really sometimes know how they feel about you. Almost every response I got today was like this. Warms my little heart!

I have SO much more to talk about....I spoke with my Sister-in-Law today for a long time over the phone about everything going on with us. I will update more later though. It's been a long day and I am headed to bed.

Thank you for reading this....I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment