Today at work I was thinking and suddenly George Michael pops into my little head and "Gotta have Faith" started playing in my head Ha! Ha! George is trying to tell me something ;)
Today was a pretty shitty day for me. I had really bad cramps but finally they went away after I got my period *Boooooooo!* Part of me was sad but part of me was glad to finally get it and just move on. Sort of like putting me out of my misery already! The good news is that my period is staying consistent and I can now predict that it's 31 days long. After I got my period, I called my RE's office and scheduled my antral follicle count for tomorrow at 1:30pm. This procedure is described here:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Antral follicles are small follicles (about 2-8 mm in diameter) that we can see - and measure and count - with ultrasound. Antral follicles are also referred to as resting follicles.
Vaginal ultrasound is the best way to accurately assess and count these small structures. In my opinion, the antral follicle counts (in conjunction with female age) are by far the best tool that we currently have for estimating ovarian reserve and/or chances for pregnancy with in vitro fertilization.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank God I have a boss who understand what I am going through and will let me come and go to appts when I need to. She went through IVF with both of her pregnancies so she understands. Looking forward to the appt and hoping for good news. Then Wed, I have another FSH and estradiol blood test done to check my levels. I am REALLY hoping that they improve since my acupuncture the past month. That is really my only hope at this moment. If the ultrasound and lab tests go poorly, I will be crushed. My soul will just hurt so badly. Still...trying to stay positive!
I had another acupuncture appt today and it went well. I showed the Dr. my BBT charts and she said that the end of my cycle is strong and that is GOOD! *Wooohooo! I love positive stuff!* She also wants me to start putting a heating bad on my tummy at night so I will do that. I love warm stuff. She wants me to continue to eat and drink warm foods for my blood and she also mentioned that the color of my tongue looks great. *phew* I had a good appt and looking forward to seeing her again on Wed.
I had a really really good cry when I got home today. I had a few personal messages and notes from my online women's group friends and it warmed my heart. Their words just overwhelmed me with love and encouragement. They are pretty awesome women in my life....I wish I had them closer to me physically but just knowing that they are "there" to read and encourage me, is so awesome! I couldn't stop crying and just grabbed Hsien and cried all over his white shirt. It felt good to just let it out. I got makeup all over his shirt but he dosen't care. ;) I am still teary eyed as I write this and I cried a lot after I re-read the blog I wrote yesterday. I was really hurting last night when I wrote. Hopefully I can get through this hump of feeling sorry for myself and move on and feel positive again.
Hopefully the night will get better. Hsien ran out to buy us some Rocky Road ice cream so that should make me feel better. I'm trying to avoid dairy products but right now, considering I have my period and I am crampy and irritable, I think it would be okay to have a bowl (or two) of ice cream.
Hoping for a good ultrasound tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment