Tuesday, March 13, 2012

One year ago and a 5 month old!

It's amazing to me to think that a year ago, I was 5 weeks pregnant. I had received the call from my NP on March 7th that I was pregnant! That day was so surreal and I don't think I had been so excited ever in my life. I was also told my Beta number was high so I was concerned but decided to just roll with it. Little did I know that three weeks later, I would have my first ultrasound and have triplets in my belly! Crazy to think HOW MUCH has happened this past year....to go from two failed IUIs, to one that finally worked, to being pregnant with triplets, losing one of the babies at over 5 months pregnant, losing the second one at almost 8 months pregnant, delivering my son earlier then anticipated, him being small at 3 lbs 11 oz, NICU time...and now here I am! This 5 month old perfect little boy! Amazing! I am still surprised that I survived all of this! Many ups and downs...and hoping that this coming year allows us much happiness and a lot less sorrow and chaos.

I am enjoying life so much right now! I got laid off from my last employer of 10 years which truly was a blessing in disguise. I talk to my old boss still and the stories she tells me are crazy....I don't think I could have dealt with that job anymore and with having Brandon. I know some other job will find me...maybe I am destined to do great things and maybe my experiences will lead me to that new career. But for now I am enjoying every moment of time with Brandon. Money has been tight but we are surviving. I keep telling my husband that me not working will not be forever. I have been working since I was 16 and have never been laid off in my life. I think I am due for some time with my son and who knows....this may be the only child I have and I do not want to pass this opportunity by!

Brandon is doing really well! He will be 5 months on the 14th of March. He is growing so well and catching up to the rest of the world. He is still smaller on the height then most babies, but his weight is average and his head believe it or not is above average! Hoping he just has a big smart brain in there. He is a really good baby for the most part. Sleeps really well, eats really well, happy and loves to be out of the house. We take him every where!

Still hoping that a miracle will happen and we will get pregnant on our own. Anything is possible right? I turn 37 this week and although it's not old, it's just scary to think that another year is passing me by. I would LOVE to have two kids but if we have only Brandon, I am lucky and grateful. That is more then most people I know who do not have any children.

That is my little update!

Love you all....never give up! I am glad I didn't because here I am today with this beautiful little man!

xoxox Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment