I wrote this on Thursday night.......
I can finally say that I can breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy what is going on right now. Of course nothing is for certain and I am sure there will be plenty of more obstacles with this pregnancy but I feel great right now.
This morning my husband and I went to the doctor appt and had another full ultrasound measuring the babies and checking them out. I think this u/s technician did not like my husband LOL! She was being such a bitch to him. I felt bad...poor guy. She was so sweet to me....I have no idea what her problem with him was. He accidently bumped the table while she was doing the u/s and she stops looks at him and says "Okay. I am going to ask you to not touch the table at all during this appt". I wanted to bust up laughing because it was so crude the way she said it. My poor husband sheepishly says "Oh. Sorry". I just grabbed his shoulder and said "It's okay babe. It was an accident...I know that". I know he was irritated with her. Then he decides to take his phone out of his pocket because it was poking him and the light came on and again she says in the same exact tone and manner "Okay. I am going to ask you not to have your phone on during the appt. The light is distracting and I have a lot to look at here." OMG! I just told the tech that it won't happen again and looked at my husband who wouldn't look at me...he was pissed LOL! Anyways...that was the funny part of the appt.
So...Dr Lin comes in about an hour later to check out the results of the u/s. I had her as my doctor at my 12 week scan and I really liked her. I felt like she explained things well and spoke to me in a manner that was calm and straightforward.
She addressed all of the concerns that the other doctor had on Friday looking at the scans. She saw no problem of the heart (thank God!) She says generally they don't check the heart until 20 weeks because it's not really fully developed until then. She showed me the chambers and went through the heart and the blood pumping. Then on the hands because the last doctor felt like she had abnormal hands. Well we looked at her hands and they looked great....all 4 fingers and a thumb and we could clearly see the bones. Again....wonderful news to hear!
Her only two concerns were of course the slow growth. Grace is still measuring 2 weeks behind BUT she has grown since last Friday's ultrasound which was encouraging. The other thing she noticed was with the placenta there is usually 3 vessel cords which go from the umbilical cord to the placenta....she has 2 which might be causing her slow growth or not. My husband and I left the appt feeling MUCH better. Still I was a bit annoyed at what the other doctor said...I know she isn't God and she isn't perfect but she really got me worked up in a bad way. =(
So after the appt, my husband left for work and I went to grab a bite at a local deli. Dr Lin called me at that time and asked me if it was okay if I come back to see her today or tomorrow. She was really concerned about the placentas and didn't feel like she got a good look at them today. I said I could be there in 15 mins. She met me back at the same room during lunch hour so no one was there and she could spend as much time as she needed. Really made me feel better that she cared enough to look and have me come in at no cost. She found the 3 placentas and was happy to see that so they are definitely fraternal. This was reassuring because if something does go wrong with one of the babies, the other two will be self sufficent because of their placentas. She wants me to come back next Wed to take a look again. She also asked me about my job and I told her that for the most part my job is a desk job but I do have site inspections that I go on 1-3 times a week and have to drive around and meet clients and check on things. She told me she no longer wants me to do that part of my job and to strictly stick to sitting at a desk. She wants me off my feet as much as possible right now. She wrote me a note and I will give it to my boss tomorrow....I am sure she will "love" that LOL! Oh well.....not my worry any more!
So overall it was a great day and I feel a huge sense of relief...of course things are still high risk and I am sure anything can happen at this point but I feel better...much better! I actually enjoyed my day! I went and got my hair cut finally after 3 months and I can wake up tomorrow feeling beautiful and knowing my babies are awesome!
Today I am 18 weeks and 3 days....moving quickly!
Thank you for all of the prayers, good advice and love....I think it really did help us get back on track! xoxxo
No comments:
Post a Comment